About Indian Super League
The Indian Super League (ISL), kicked off on October 12, 2014 and was recognised as India’s top tier domestic league by FIFA and AFC in October 2019. The league is co-promoted by Reliance, Star India and supported by the All India Football Federation (AIFF). India’s leading industrialists and celebrities from sports as well as the Indian film industry have heavily invested in the league’s 12 clubs based in the following cities: Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Jamshedpur.
To know more about the 12 ISL clubs, please click here
The league is committed to investing in stadium refurbishment in the eleven identified venues and also in a strong grassroots development programme that will create a platform to groom football talent in the country. With a mission to revolutionise the sport, the ISL is positioned as a high quality and dynamic league that will elevate Indian football to an international level.
To provide an entertaining and high-quality football league that engages hundreds of millions of fans, drives improvement in playing standards and delivers value for all partners.
- To present an international-quality domestic football competition
- To engage hundreds of millions of passionate and proud Indian football fans
- To encourage and facilitate the masses to start playing the sport
- To produce a large pool of talented Indian players and 'heroes' to play for the Indian national team
- To set new standards in sports administration, governance and marketing in India
- To deliver value to all our stakeholders and partners and create demand for further investment